Would you like to build software that’s changing the retail world? In this position, you’ll own the UI/UX design of world-class software at a company that thrives on elegantly intuitive solutions. You will have the freedom to experiment, establish new paradigms and help create groundbreaking software.
You will work side-by-side with the core users of our software, folks who greatly admire it. This special design environment allows for rapid feedback and innovation as well as a view into how your designs are improving the lives of those who use it. At Adlucent, you won’t be pressured to deliver on unreasonable launch deadlines that force you to compromise quality or design integrity. We build software we are proud of and we thrive on seeing the impact it makes.
Most importantly, you will have the opportunity to work alongside a team of incredibly talented developers who can make magic happen. They will transform your vision into software that people love to use and they do it with an unparalleled display of craftsmanship and focus. They are pioneers who insist on collaborating with motivated people who have a passion to be the best.
This is a full-time position at our headquarters on the famous South Congress Ave. in Austin, Texas. downtown Austin, Texas.
As a Senior UI Developer, you will
- Lead UI/UX efforts
- Own interaction design
- Work closely with our software engineers and product managers
- Contribute to the evolution of our style guides, markup library (e.g., future development and extension of widgets sets) and digital icon library
- You get slightly anxious if something is a few pixels off
- You excel at taking feature lists and turning them into clever and intuitive user interfaces
- You have a great eye for stunning visual design
- You love to collaborate with users, developers and product managers to make beautiful and simple software that’s a joy to use
- At least 3 years of solid UI/UX experience transforming your designs into actual code
- A design portfolio of completed works
- Experience working in the software development environment
- Passion for graphic design, human-computer interaction and interaction design
- Strong eye for typography, color and hierarchy
- Familiarity with user research methods
- A commitment to producing quality, innovative work
- Excellent communication skills
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment where you thrive on iteration
Nice to Have
- Icon design experience
- Knowledge of HTML5 beyond the buzzwords
- Experience with Backbone.js or Ember.js
- Familiarity with version control systems, especially Subversion
- Working knowledge of Java and GWT
Adlucent is a progressive marketing technology startup in Austin, Texas that has been twice named to Inc 500’s list of fastest growing companies in the US. We design marketing automation technology to serve premium brands like Buy.com, Oriental Trading Company, Anthropologie, and JTV reach millions of online shoppers.
We think differently, move quickly and innovate endlessly to build game-changing technology. We are passionate about beautiful design and invest heavily in building an inspiring and creative environment where everyone can progress.
Our customers love working with us and we love working with them. We also love working with each other. For four consecutive years now, our team members have voted Adlucent a “Best Place to Work” in the Austin Business Journal’s annual competition. Better yet, we were recently named as one of the top 40 advertising companies to work for in the US by Advertising Age!
- Award-winning office in the cultural hub of Austin
- Equity grants and profit sharing
- Relaxed, open and cubicle-free work environment
- Liberal work hours and casual dress code
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- In addition to two weeks of paid vacation and one week of paid sick time, you’ll get one week paid time for philanthropy
- Two company holidays for SXSW, one for ACL and one for your birthday
- Snacks, drinks, happy hours, and celebrations