We seek one happy, hungry, honest and passionate design geek. You’ll have some understanding of HTML & CSS (maybe even some programming) but your focus will be engaging, interactive & creative design. You enjoy a breadth of design challenges, and hopefully have one or two strong artistic abilities (like photography or illustration) that we can leverage to enhance our brand. If you’ve got a few years under your belt and can think seamlessly across traditional and digital media we’d like to hear from you.
Our company is a leader in the fast-paced, highly measurable, rapidly evolving world of paid search marketing. We use this creative slice of marketing to maximize profitable revenue growth and improve business performance for online retailers. How do we do this? We use our proprietary software to create, analyze and optimize paid search campaigns to address the needs of the dynamic and growing Internet retail market. Because of this growth, we are in search of a talented Designer.
Need to Haves
- Strong online portfolio of work
- Ability to translate complex ideas and concepts into simple, clean graphics
- Ability to work in a collaborative and creative environment which promotes teamwork
- Strong typography and layout skills
- Experience in branding and the development of visual systems and style guides
- Understanding of basic HTML/CSS and web technology
- Propose, create, and implement creative solutions
- Strong problem solving skills
- Humility and the ability to use all feedback constructively
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills
- Ability to articulate and defend design decisions
- Ability to prioritize and manage time and workload effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work independently and troubleshoot on your own
Nice to Haves
- B.A./B.S. in Graphic Design, Interaction/Digital Design or other Communications Design-related field
- Knowledge of WordPress development
- Experience and comfort with the professional printing process
- Experience in landing page design and optimization
- Understanding of Google Analytics
- Experience creating comprehensive style guides
Why work for us?
We love our company! It’s unique, diverse and rapidly growing, and, it gets better every day. We enjoy what we do and it is fun! We take pride in our culture and work hard to make it a great place to work. We also have a relaxed, cubicle-free work environment, comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans in addition to two weeks paid vacation, a week of personal time and three Austin ‘cultural’ paid holidays for our beloved musical festivals.