23% of Holiday Paid Search Sales Driven By Mobile

By — 11.30.12

According to Adobe, Americans spent $3.28 billion on the two biggest shopping days of the year thus far – Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Of those sales, one in four dollars were spent by mobile shoppers, representing a significant increase in mobile sales over 2011.

At Adlucent, we saw similar trends to the market. An average of 77% of sales for Adlucent retail clients came from computers, while mobile and tablet devices split the remaining 23%.

While smartphone and tablets only represent total 3% of retail sales, it’s still $300 million that’s up for grabs, and that figure is only growing (Forrester).

With more shoppers turning to their mobile devices to read reviews, compare prices, and make online purchases, it has never been more important for your site―and search program―to be mobile optimized.

So are you mobile ready? A 2011 study revealed that only 21% of retailers had launched a mobile-friendly version of their site. Just think of the effect that can have on conversion rates and brand image. With paid search driving more holiday online revenue than ever (an average 57% increase for Adlucent clients on the two biggest shopping days), retailers’ focus should be on providing the best customer experience possible, from impression to click to conversion.

Image source: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012greenstackdining/10holidayshopping/prweb10050418.htm

Andrea Stout

Andrea is the Director of Marketing at Adlucent. She loves developing content, crunching numbers, and learning the latest trends in ecommerce. Connect with her on Twitter.

 


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload the CAPTCHA.

Scroll to top